EPISTEME – The Association of British Cypriot Professionals is a network of British Cypriot professional and business people, scientists, academics and artists. Founded in 1982, the association’s main objectives are:
- the promotion of inter-ethnic co-operation in the United Kingdom in its areas of focus;
- the advancement of knowledge and the communication of ideas in the fields of politics, business and finance, science and the professions, culture, media and the Arts through debate, research and publication;
- realising the potential of young, motivated and driven British Cypriots aimed at enhancing their value to Britain’s multi-ethnic society;
- the promotion of charitable causes for the benefit of Cypriot and other communities in the United Kingdom;
- interaction between members of the UK Cypriot community and British and Cyprus institutions.
EPISTEME has held a variety of events since its establishment focusing on subjects related to the organisation’s main objectives. It has collaborated closely with the Cyprus Studies Centre of the London Metropolitan University, amongst others, and has recently organised or co-sponsored events including ‘Support for Cyprus’ with the Director-General of the Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency at the London Metropolitan University, ‘An Entrepreneurship Forum’ with UCLan Cyprus at the Hellenic Centre, a ‘United Cyprus Platform’ event with Greek and Turkish Cypriot organisations and British parliamentarians at the House of Commons and a range of Art-related initiatives including an exhibition of UK Cypriot art at Britannia Centre on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Republic of Cyprus.