Fotis Papaiacovou (Vice-Chairman)
Stella Hadjiphanis (Social Secretary)
Litsa Meradji (Secretary)
Marios Varellas (Treasurer)
Kalavasos Association UK
c/o Andreas Papacosta
Office Adonis Court
Ealing, London, W13 9RJ
- Children’s Christmas party: This is organised 2-3 weeks before Christmas every year, and is always well attended. The children not only have a good time they also receive a Christmas present from the organisation.
- Disco Nights: The Organisation’s young members got to know each other and made new lasting friendships.
- Ladies buffet: Ladies, members of the Organisation prepare delicious, with traditional recipes, food and cakes for Kalavasiotes & friends get-together evenings. Lately this event is combined with the Children’s party, thus giving the opportunity for whole families to be together.
- Kalavasos Souvla event: this takes place every year in early July. It is always well attended and apart from good traditional souvla, open-air games are organised and good time is had by all.
- Dinner and Dances: These do not take place every year, but when they do they are successful and enjoyable.
- Pensioners Dinners: From time to time the Committee organise special evening for grand parents. Reminiscing stories of Kalavasos life in the bygone years and the early and difficult years in the new country normally last well into the night.
- Bus Trips: So far visited: Cambridge, Bognor Regis, Isle of Wight, France. Always well attended and Kalavasiotes and friends have memorable times together.
The Organisation’s links with Kalavasos:
- Contributing to the Village-Square (Plateia) cultural renovation: Kalavasos Association UK apart from been part in the planning stages made a substantial financial contribution towards the completion of the project.
- Contribution towards the repair and maintenance of the Village Church Iconostasi.
- Contributed to the running of the Village Nursery.
- Contributed to individuals in need: Send three wheelchairs for co-villagers with disabilities and made donations to others with financial needs