The National Federation of Cypriots in the UK supports the democratically elected President and Government of the Republic of Cyprus as it pursues the ending of the Turkish occupation and the reunification of Cyprus in line with relevant United Nations resolutions, High level agreements, International law and European Union principles.
We want to see a free, united Cyprus:
- Respect for human rights and international law: The fundamental freedoms and human rights of all Cypriots must be respected.
- A just solution: Reunify the island and its people, provide for the return of refugees and determine the fate of the missing persons.
- No guarantees and no troops: Cyprus must be truly sovereign, independent and have its territorial integrity safeguarded in compliance with international law and the EU acquis communautaire. That means no outdated system of guarantees and no Turkish troops.
- A normal and viable state: Allow Cyprus to fully function as a ‘normal state’ that is a member of the European Union and the United Nations.
- A stable country: Maintain the credibility and reliability of Cyprus in the region as a stable UK partner.