Peter Droussiotis (President)
EPISTEME – The Association of British Cypriot Professionals is a network of British Cypriot professional and business people, scientists, academics and artists. Founded in 1982, the association’s main objectives are:
- the promotion of inter-ethnic co-operation in the United Kingdom in its areas of focus;
- the advancement of knowledge and the communication of ideas in the fields of politics, business and finance, science and the professions, culture, media and the Arts through debate, research and publication;
- realising the potential of young, motivated and driven British Cypriots aimed at enhancing their value to Britain’s multi-ethnic society;
- the promotion of charitable causes for the benefit of Cypriot and other communities in the United Kingdom;
- interaction between members of the UK Cypriot community and British and Cyprus institutions.
EPISTEME has held a variety of events since its establishment. In recent years, it has allied itself and has collaborated closely with its sister organisation, the UK-Cyprus Enterprise Council (www.ukcec.co.uk), amongst others, and has organised or co-sponsored events including with the Cyprus Minister of Energy and Commerce, Invest Cyprus, an ‘Entrepreneurship Forum’ with UCLan Cyprus at the Hellenic Centre, a ‘United Cyprus Platform’ event with Greek and Turkish Cypriot organisations and British parliamentarians at the House of Commons and a range of Art-related initiatives, including Greek language film screenings at the Art House and exhibitions of UK Cypriot art at the Hellenic and Britannia Centres.